|Version 1 (modified by cmlenz, 9 years ago)|
The markup package provides a template engine that is compatible with Kid ( http://kid.lesscode.org) to a certain extent.
- No generation of Python code for a template; the template is "interpreted"
- No support for <?python ?> processing instructions
- Expressions are evaluated in a more flexible manner, meaning you can use e.g. attribute access notation to access items in a dictionary, etc
- Use of XInclude and match templates instead of Kid's py:extends/py:layout directives
- Real (thread-safe) search path support
- No dependency on ElementTree (due to the lack of position reporting)
- The original location of parse events is kept throughout the processing pipeline, so that errors can be tracked back to a specific line/column in the template file
- py:match directives use (basic) XPath expressions to match against input nodes, making match templates more powerful while keeping the syntax simple