|Version 3 (modified by cmlenz, 6 years ago)|
Google App Engine
App Engine provides hosting of Python applications in a restricted environment. Currently Genshi does not work in this environment, because it depends on the parser module and some other things which are not available.
Work has started on providing a version of Genshi that works on App Engine on the branches/experimental/appengine/ branch. However, even when completed, this version is somewhat limited (or at least different), with the following features not available:
- Proper error reporting on errors in template expressions and code blocks.
- Interchangeable use of foo.bar and foo['bar'] in template expressions.
- Assignment to nested tuples in py:for and py:with
- Default values for py:def parameters are evaluated at compilation time, so they can't refer to data in the template context.
- Automatic decoding of non-ASCII string literals in template expressions.
It's not yet clear whether it'll be possible to fold the necessary changes into the main version of Genshi.